By clicking the Next Button, I am certifying that I have reviewed the above job description:
What You’ll Be Doing – Job Summary
Inspectors provide a service for our customers by confirming that parts meet requirements for quality or safety before they are used. Typical projects include unpacking of parts, visual inspection, repacking, and recording important information about your findings. Inspectors generally work in teams at a customer’s facility and can impact customer satisfaction on a daily basis.
What You’ll Be Doing – Essential Duties
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Maintain a good working relationship with customer contacts and team members.
- Follow all Benchmark and customer specific rules and policies.
- Perform inspection, rework, measurement, or other activities per instructions.
- Document all required information and time worked accurately.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned or as required at the worksite.
What You’ll Need (must have’s)
- Desire to work as a team member and strive for customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks, making decisions, and following instructions.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Can stand for 8 to 12-hour shifts.
- Can perform repeated bending and lifting. (Up to 40 lbs.)
- Comfortable in a factory environment. (Hot and cold temperatures, noise level, etc.)
- Able to see small defects: 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Reliable transportation for up to 50 miles to and from work with valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Steel-toed shoes or boots.
What You’ll Need (nice to have’s)
- Previous work in manufacturing or quality.
- Coaching or leadership experience.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends.
Your Performance Expectations
- Professionalism: Proper dress code, respectful of others, follows all safety and company policies
- Quality of Work: No errors, appropriate pace, paperwork correct and on-time
- Teamwork: Positive attitude, takes direction, works well with others
- Availability/Attendance: Available when needed, returns calls for work, no call-offs
- Willingness to Travel: Travels to all off-site locations when asked
How You’ll Advance
Advancement opportunities to Certified Trainer or Lead start after 30 days of employment for anyone that meets the performance expectations. Our internship program to earn industry-recognized certifications is available after 30 days of employment.